modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, August 12, 2007 @ 9:48 pm

Dear Blogger,

When I was in my teens, I watched a classic by Audrey Hepburn called "Breakfast at Tiffany's". It was about a naive, but charming young woman named Holly Golightly's affection for the jewellery's store Tiffany, where she believed nothing bad could ever take place.

Ever since I've watched that movie, I believed that if any man would buy me a ring, it would have to be a Tiffany ring. Just like Holly Golightly believed that nothing bad could ever take place in a Tiffany's store, I believe that a man is worth my hand in marriage if he works at getting me a Tiffany ring.

Today, for the first time ever, I stepped into the Tiffany & Co at Ngee Ann City. I've always been fascinated by the store whenever I passed by it, but I've never walked through those heavy double glass doors. Well today, I did and I felt breathless.

Tiffany & Co didn't have a large collection of engagement rings but what a collection it was! There were the Tiffany Classic Setting, the Lucida, the Etoile, the Legacy, the Tiffany Novo and others. The Tiffany Classic Setting rings were beautiful and they were THE engagement rings. But there was one that truly called out my name.

It was the princess-cut or Lucida diamond-cut engagement ring.


"A patented Tiffany original, the Lucida diamond-cut with its brilliant style pavilion and high-step crown is a modern masterpiece." - Tiffany & Co

Why did I suddenly walk into the Tiffany & Co store after all these years? Because Ipy had proposed. And I'm saying yes. For real.

Now I just have to tell mommy dearest about it, and I'm still thinking how.


Ipy near Padang on National Day


Me within the chaos at Padang


After the fireworks

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS