modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, August 02, 2007 @ 11:04 pm

Dear Blogger,

What a long day it had been! Woke up early for a morning meeting with a career counselor in school. I was still late by a few minutes though. Even then, I was kept waiting by a good half an hour because the career counselor's phone couldn't stop ringing.

I sat for a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator "inventory". She didn't like to call it a "test" because a "test" means there is a right and a wrong. There are no right or wrong personalities. I was proven to be an ISFJ type i.e. Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging type. I've already known that I'm introverted. I don't understand why people like to assume that I'm extroverted. You can pick up skills to be extroverted.

Anyway, I've always known what type of person I am. More or less anyway. I mean I know that I care a lot. I know that I take in information using all my senses. I know that I enjoy doing things that help people or have a sense of purpose in them.

I didn't think doing the "inventory" was a waste of time though. It's really interesting to do all these personality tests. We do it all the time! Just open up any magazine and there is always some form of personality quiz for you to try.

This test has proven once and all that my current course and I are completely mismatched! No wonder I've been struggling all these years! All those hardware and technical stuff, and I'm not just referring to the computing modules, are really something I have no interest in. Looking back, I've excelled in modules that involved the real world, people and services like corporate governance and ethics.

Perhaps, it's time that I change career path. I used to think that I'd revel in the high-flyer corporate lifestyle. I guess I was wrong. I've been deceiving myself all these years to believe that I will excel with money as my sole motivation. Of course now I know that's crap!

I'm going to be nurse. Shock? A little. I've always wanted to be in healthcare anyway. When I was 6 years old, I wanted to be a doctor. When I was 12 years old, I narrowed that ambition into a brain surgeon. It's both endearing and hilarious thinking about it, isn't it?

Guess what's the top match for my personality type? Nursing! Who knew??? No one in my life had ever directed me in that path. So, nursing had never been a consideration when discussing career path. Until now. It's strange how even at this late age, you can receive that "calling". Not to be critical of God or anythin, but if He had "called" me earlier, I'd save myself and everyone else a lot of trouble, wouldn't I?


New mantra - "If you look good, you'll feel good. And if you feel good, you'll look good!"


My energy boosters: Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino (no whipped cream and easy on the syrup) and cigarettes

The only downside of the day was that I missed Ipy's call. He called me while I was in the meeting. By the time I had checked my phone, I couldn't call him back. Still, somehow, he had managed to drop me an email. After days of silence, he's communicating again. Should I be upset over it? I think I should, but he had apologised. So what could I do??? He had better not make it a habit though.

Just a few more days till he returns... God this feels like forever! Oh shit! Have I lost any weight at all while he's away? I was supposed to wasn't I?

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS