modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 @ 11:11 pm

Dear Blogger,

I've sprained my left thigh muscle while power-walking. So, I could do only 3 rounds instead of 5 rounds around my block. Nevertheless, I was still able to carry about 5 kg full of groceries on the way. I just needed to buy a pack of laundry soap, but ended up buying some fruits, vegetables and cartons of yoghurt too.

Since I didn't have any concrete plans today, I made sushi and doughnuts, just to keep myself occupied. I didn't get to taste the doughnuts though. They were gone when I came back from JB. Yes, I went over to JB in the evening, with no specific intentions but just to keep my body moving.

Had a sumptuous (and cheap) dinner there, not because I was hungry, but because the fresh stingray at the stall was calling out my name. I'm doing a lot of things these days not because I have to, but because I want to, with little regards to consequences really.

Am I desperately running away from reality? Is that why I keep going across the Causeway even though the journey itself takes hours???

On another note, day in day out, the so-called "Malay-Muslim" media offers nothing but punishments for this, punishments for that. It's as if Islam is nothing BUT punishments. Just tune in to Warna at dawn or dusk and you hear these "men" threaten you with punishments, punishments and more punishments.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS