modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, June 30, 2007 @ 11:30 pm

Dear Blogger,

I woke up to a pool of blood this morning. Ok... I exaggerated there. The point was, I haven't woken up with bloodied bed sheet since my puberty schoolgirl days. This is what happens when your body clock changes its schedule without any warning. Isn't it wonderful to be a woman sometimes?

Well, at least I know for sure that I'm not pregnant. Back to the issue about being a woman. Not only do we have to bear with the pain and inconveniences of monthly menses, but do we also have to be discriminated against when it comes to the rare government payouts? What the hell am I talking about? The GST Offset Package of course!

Women get $100 lesser than men simply because we didn't have to serve National Service. Bollocks! What's 2 years (reduced from 2 1/2 years!) of physical training as compared to menses, pregnancy and motherhood? On the work-front, women work equally hard as our male counterparts, if not harder! Besides, aren't we serving our own form of National Service by giving birth and raising the sons of our nation? If this is too much of an ego-blaster to our male-populated government, at least give equal payouts to just the mothers.


Great Singapore Sale + GST Offset Package = Crowded Orchard Road (as seen from the 24-hr Coffee Club)

In another totally irrelevant matter, I think my new student's father is flirting with me! We've met 3 times already and he always sends me to the elevator after the lesson. Then he'd say something stupid like, "Leaving already?". Duh!

Tonight, he had a new computer installed. So we talked a bit about computers and how I majored in it, while waiting for the elevator. Then he said if he had known, he'd call me instead to help set it up. Or even get me to help his kids with the applications. Seemingly innocent right? Even when he asked me when I'm free it seemed innocent.

The elevator arrived. His last words were, "Call me!". It didn't sound like "call me about helping my kids", but "call me about anything, anytime". Weird!

May the force be with me!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS