modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 @ 10:23 pm

Dear Blogger,

I did something which I have not done in 15 over years. I went to the zoo!!! I've always wanted to visit our world-famous Singapore Zoo, but there were always excuses like, no time, no money, no friend, etc, etc, etc. Finally, the opportunity came and I didn't hesitate one bit!

Like most things Singaporean, the zoo has changed a lot. I mean, A LOT! There are definitely more exhibits and animal shows. It seemed bigger than the last time I remembered it. Or maybe I was getting too old. Less stamina. But I'm glad this time round, I got to enjoy all of the zoo at my own pace and time. The zoo is best experienced when you have a full day to spend.


Me at AMK bus interchange (I'm wearing the necklace I bought from Em's Beading & Beyond webbie)


Necklace courtesy of Beading and Beyond


The 3 bus services at the Singapore Zoo: 138, 926 and 927


me at the zoo entrance with elephant statues


Me at the zoo entrance ala Paris Hilton (LOL!)




Take a picture with these brightly coloured birds for $5 (all proceeds go to the caring and conservation of the animals)




Feeding time for these monkeys at the free-ranging forest




Orang utans high up in the tree tops




Feeding time for otters too!


Me near the otters










The white tigers were so beautiful that I wanted to bring home one!


Me near the white tigers


Can't remember what this was... Probably some huge fish


Pigmy hippo (underwater ballerina)










Baboons (this area stinks! Literally!)


World's most venomous... err...




Australian outback animals


The Elephants in the Wild show


An elephant skull




Rhinoceroses


Cheetah (fastest land sprinter)


Zebras


Oran utan again


Not a puppy but some monkey out of its enclosed area


Some huge python


Some hissing cockroaches (gross!)


Flying foxes (world's largest bats)


A tree kangaroo


Iguanas (komodo dragon wasn't in sight *sob sob*)


Giant tortoises


A manatee at the Splash Safari


A proboscis monkey (I was intrigued by its small, bright red penis)






Crocodiles (sudden thought of Steve Irwin)


Animal-shaped plants

In the process of editing the video. Will be uploaded soon on YouTube.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS