modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 9:21 pm

Dear Blogger,

The good thing about my new phone is that whenever I'm bored, I can always snap, snap, snap pictures of inane things without worrying about memory space or mms costs. Like this picture of my well-worn 10-year-old loafers.


My super-rugged loafers

None of my shoes last that long except for my Nike cross-country trainers. But that's only because I don't wear them often unless it's to the gym (which I've been ignoring lately) or to nature trails.

I may wear them again when I go Pulau Ubin next week. Believe it or not, I've never been there! In my school-uniformed days, I never had the chance to go there, despite owning an adventurous soul. School librarians didn't do Pulau Ubin. School librarians did libraries.

I've to take Daddy to the hospital for his check-up today. Mommy usually does that. But this time she insisted that I come along because she couldn't really understand what the doctor was trying to tell her. The problem about being her translator is that I find it hard to translate the discussion into a language which she understands, namely, Bahasa Melayu.

Even when we're speaking the same language, there's always a communication breakdown somewhere. Often, it's tough to dumb down your language proficiency. Same goes with my friends. I've already been mocked at for my accent almost all my life. Now, I've to be mocked at for being too chim. I shouldn't even give a damn.

Anyway, Daddy's ambulance was late. An hour late. We were late for his appointment. Therefore, more waiting. I may be a procrastinator, but I hate to wait. I can't be bored remember? Furthermore, it was raining cats and dogs today! My feet were soaked the whole afternoon, but I had to bear with it because I didn't want to spend money on buying a pair of flip flops or shoes.




My neighbourhood

Daddy's doctor has finally approved on a prosthetic leg for Daddy, but it's going to cost a few thousand dollars. I don't know where we are going to get that kind of money. Maybe Mommy can auction off her furniture pieces she just bought.

Since my feet were already wet, I thought why not just walked to Eastpoint Shopping Mall, in the rain! I left Daddy with Mommy after the consultation and bravely walked in the downpour. Dropped by VideoEzy and rented five DVDs. First time I had visited the outlet here, and already I was flirting with the service staff.


Walnut something, Mocha Almond and Strawberry Supreme with peanut toppings from New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Eastpoint

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS