modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, February 25, 2006 @ 11:59 pm

Dear Blogger,

The month-long free "Jazz by the Beach" event will be back next month at Sentosa. It will feature some familiar names. I'm not so keen on meeting old acquantainces but I do so wanted to go. But I couldn't think of anyone who would be interested in it. I didn't bother to ask anyone now because I knew that would be a waste of time and money. I guess I'll just attend it alone then. I figured that even if I miss it, I'd still be miserable. So, I might as well be miserable under the stars with cool live jazz music.

There are some movies recently released that I really wanted to watch. Again, I have to miss all of them because money is extremely tight nowadays. I even had to think twice about spending money to buy food! I would love to catch "Brokeback Mountain" (I'm just curious about gay Marlboro Men), "Munich" (I love Eric Bana!), "The Constant Gardener" (I'm mesmerised by Ralph Fiennes intense presence) and even "Underworld Evolution". I'm just a sucker (no pun intended) for vampire movies, especially one with a femme fatale in it.

It's in times like this that makes me wonder about the real power of money. I'm beginning to feel that money is really the root of all evil. What is it about money that makes people go crazy? What is it about money that makes people forget their innocence? Can money really buy happiness? I wonder if Bill Gates is happy being the richest man on earth. Do you think he's ever bored with all that money?

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS