modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, February 23, 2006 @ 11:20 am

Dear Blogger,

It's 11 a.m., and I just woke up. I couldn't sleep last night. Usually, I'd discipline myself to sleep by 11 p.m., so my day could start at 5.30 a.m. I went to Liberte Bar for some drinks, even though I was still recovering from flu. I strongly believed that I deserved some chill-out moments. Plus, it was member's night! I get 30% off on all F&B. I only had a pint of beer, several sticks of ciggies (I haven't smoked in days!) and some light snacks.

Usually, after some drinks, my body would lull itself to sleep right? But last night, the clock went past midnight, and I was still awake! Plus, I was bored. There was nothing interesting to surf. I had even tried the IRC scene. No one wanted to chat with me even. It was probably the nick. Moddie didn't sound female I guess.

The clock went past 1 a.m. I decided to have supper. I watched cable while ingesting the leftover dishes at home. This eventually was vomitted back out into the toilet bowl. I have firmly believed that this habitual induced vomitting of mine is psychological. But it felt good after that.

It was 2 a.m. Movies came and gone. There was "Le Divorce", which even till now, I have no idea what the movie was actually about. All I know was that it reminded me of my trip to Paris. I miss Paris. It's a bustling city, yet, it has a laidback atmosphere about it. As compared to Singapore, where it's go, go, go from the very beginning.

I almost missed "CSI" because I thought the re-run was at 3 a.m. I managed to catch the second half, but by then, I couldn't understand the plot. There was "American Idol" too. For some reason, I couldn't help but be enthralled by Rebecca Donahue, the dark beauty. She didn't have a strong voice like the other contestants but boy, she was so much better to look at!

The male contestants this time round, didn't excite me at all. I could be blind, but is this year's batch consisted of mostly geeks? I have nothing against geeks. I even have a thing for them! Exhibit number 1: Seth Cohen from "The O.C.". Yum-mie! The thing about geeks is that they are usually funnier and more sincere than good-looking guys. Exhibit number 2: A certain younger guy I used to hang out last year (will never, ever mention his name again!)

It was almost 4 a.m., and I've had enough. I willed myself to sleep, but it wasn't a good sleep. I suspected I must have sleepwalked, but I couldn't be sure. The alarm rang. I opened my eyes as if I had not gone to sleep. The next time I opened my eyes, it was 8.30 a.m. Somehow, I had convinced myself that I hadn't gotten the necessary 6 to 7 hours of sleep. This was despite the fact that I was already wide awake.

My body clock is weird in that way. No matter how late I've slept, I'll wake up before 10 a.m., the latest. After which, I'll decide to start the day or return to slumberland. By the way, my rashes are getting itchier and itchier. Could I be allergic to something?

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS