modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 @ 11:21 pm

Dear Blogger,

I want to run away. The conditions at home are getting extremely unbearable. I don't know how long more I can take the abuses at home. It seems romantic to just pack my bags and live on the streets. But the thought of lugging my clothes, shoes, toiletries, books and laptop all over Singapore made me stay put. Also, I still have to go to school and work. I'm not that irresponsible enough to not pay my own bills.

2008 seems such a long time away for me to put up with the nonsense I'm getting right now. But I've survived, scars and all, this far. I just have to focus on the big picture, the big goal, the big finishing line. It's very tough to keep the focus. Sometimes, I couldn't see or recall the goal. So I had to dig really hard to find it.

I'm already thinking of an MBA. Wouldn't it be cool to have an MBA right after your name? I don't know if Harvard would consider taking me in, but I can always dream. I know that I'm having a shitty time just trying to get my Bachelor's. Everyone's just waiting for me to get a real job. But you know what? Fuck them all! I didn't do this for any of them and I'm certainly not going to do this for any of them!

None supported me, financially nor emotionally, when I returned to full-time schooling after four years in the working world. So why should I live up to their expectations? If they think that they can taste the fruits of my labour, they think wrong! I'm a proud bitch. So what?! I've goals and action plans, and I'm doing it my way.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS