modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 @ 10:34 pm

Dear Blogger,

I really wanted to go to school today, but the cold bug was too strong for me. I guess I needed to rest. I guess I've been working and worrying too much and I've not been listening to my body. Being sick is good because it's the fastest way to lose weight and my body gets a chance to recuperate. The bad thing is that I'd feel dependent and I yearned for love and attention. Something which I admit, I'm not getting any from anyone.

Since I was stuck at home, I made full use of my time by watching the Grammys "live". I loved the performances by Madonna and U2. The latter performed one of my all-time favourites, "One", with Mary J Blige. It's amazing how timeless and relevant that song still is.

Then there was John Legend who performed "Ordinary People". It's a simple but heartwrenching song. Everytime I hear that song, it reminded me of my relationship with Din. It was tumultuous but it had its good moments. I no longer speak to him now and I'm very sure that's for the better. But now that I'm sick, I just wanted him to hold me again.

Ordinary People - John Legend

Girl I'm in love with you
But this ain't the honeymoon
We've passed the infatuation phase

We're right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue every day

I know I misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we've both still got room left to grow

And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work
But I think we should take it slow

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow
Take it slow

This time we'll take it slow
Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow

This ain't a movie
No fairytale conclusion y'all
It gets more confusing every day

Sometimes it's Heaven sent
Then we head back to Hell again
We kiss then we make up on the way

I hang up, you call
We rise and we fall
And we feel like just walking away

As our love thing advances
We take second chances
Though it's not a fantasy
I still want you to stay

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow
Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow
Take it slow

Maybe we'll live and learn
Maybe we'll crash and burn
Maybe you'll stay
Maybe you'll leave
Maybe you'll return
Maybe another fight
Maybe we won't survive
Maybe we'll grow
We'll never know
Baby you and I

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow
Take it slow
This we'll take it slow
Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow
Take it slow
This time we'll take it slow


Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS