modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 @ 7:35 pm

Dear Blogger,

I have decided to sell my car, but I don't know how. Should I leave it to the bank to handle everything? It seemed to be the easiest way out but I don't know. It may not necessarily be the most cost-effective way out. I guess, the faster I let go of my attachment to it, the lesser pain I'll feel. Like Morrie said, "Learn to detach".

I've just read "Tuesdays with Morrie". It was the only known book on the shelf. I don't think this Morrie existed. He's just too saint-like. Naturally, I'm cynical about some of his life's philosophies, but I've learning to be open-minded about other people's opinions.

Maybe I'm just not bothered to "discuss" these issues anymore. It's mentally exhausting and too many of my grey cells have been fried unnecessarily over the years. Besides, not many people appreciate a good discussion. Not many people think these days. Most say that they think all the time, but they are are being into believing that.

Our culture is feeding us all the time with this belief that more is good. So much so that we're not allowed to stand back and reflect. Is this the kind of world that I want to live in? I think not. It's a horrifyingly sad world to live in. This is not to say that I won't covet a fast car or jet-set lifestyle, but I don't want to be led to believe that that's THE way to live.

Anyway, this car had opened all my senses to the cruel and deceptive nature of mankind. When you're convenient, people will put up with all your nonsense. When you're not, they desert you like a leper. Perhaps that's why I feel no love for anybody.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS