modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, January 21, 2006 @ 10:52 pm

Dear Blogger,

At work today, I felt so helpless because I couldn't help this particular guest very much. He was a crew member of one of the racing clipper yatchs that had stationed here for a stop-over. He had gone to catch the popular "The Magical Show" at the Musical Fountain. So he missed the last shuttle bus to the cove.

Since he didn't book any accomodation on the island, he had to return to his yatch. The regular internal shuttle buses do not go to the cove. The poor guy had to walk back from the nearest bus stop, in the rain! It's about a half an hour walk. What aches me was that he was deaf! I wasn't sure if he had understood my directions or if I had understood him! I wished I could drive him to his destination.

Nevertheless, I like my job. Surprisingly, despite my task-oriented nature, I enjoy talking to people and offering my assistance in which ever way I could. Isn't that what customer service is about? I'm actually having fun in this job. Of course, I've only barely worked here a month. So it could be too soon to tell if I really enjoy working here.

When I got home, there was nobody around. My sister had just informed me that my dad was warded. Something to do with his leg. His diabetes is worsening. I don't know what time he was warded. Even though my sister had told me about it last night, she didn't confirm it with me today. No one did.

In a way, I guess I'm feeling alienated. At the same time, I don't think my presence would make things better. My father and I haven't been on speaking terms for quite some time. In fact, I don't think we have ever really communicated. We are both strong-willed and stubborn people. That's why I'm at home instead of the hospital.

I can't tell this to anyone. I felt like I can't tell anyone. I don't want people to pretend to listen to me. Even worse, I don't want them to pretend to care. There are so many people in my life who pretend to be my friends. I don't want to be with them right now. I'd rather be alone than be with fake friends and lovers. I might even give my birthday a miss.

I wrote to Tag-Board last night about why the posts in my tagboard kept being deleted. This was the reply given:

"The entries are being deleted due to the high amount of new customers and huge volume of new posts. Due to the high increase, the server is being seriously overloaded and at some point may crash. I need to delete entries due to the server overload problem. I am currently working on the new version of the tagboard that will eliminate the server overload problem. I will post new tagboard within a 1-2 weeks. But please bear with me for couple more days. I am very sorry for what is happening."

So now, it's back to the old tagboard.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS