modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, May 09, 2003 @ 12:57 pm

Dear Blogger,

Ever since I posted my thoughts and daily events online, a lot of people have indicated interest in what's going on in my life. That is not a problem to me because if I had wanted to keep my journals private, I would not have published them online in the first place.

What really annoyed me was, why are some people find it surprising that I do what I do because 1. I'm a Muslim and 2. I wear a tudung. That should not be an issue, should it? I am surprised at the narrow-mindedness of some people. It's not like I fuck half the men in my block. It was just 1 person and he was not even a one night stand.

So, does the fact that I'm a Muslim and a tudung-wearing girl make me an anomaly in this society? Wake up people! There are others who are far worse than me. At least, I don't claim to be a Muslim and terrorise people because that's what I've understood from my religious lessons.

It's not like I didn't know what I'm doing now is wrong. I never said I was an angel. Everyone sins. It's really a put off when one tries to lecture on the rights and wrongs when he obviously has made some mistakes in his life too. It's one thing to dispense advise. It's another to lecture someone about it.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS